Tuesday, September 14, 2010

With a little effort, it's easier to stay calm

Got a minute?

You've doubtless heard the expression, "Don't sweat the small stuff." It's certainly good advice, but it isn't always easy to follow. Sometimes things build up and the littlest things drive us absolutely nuts.

But only if we let them.

There are too many times we underestimate our own abilities and don't protect ourselves from ourselves. This may not always be true -- particularly when someone else's actions actually affect us -- but we really ought to be able to slough it off when people around us just do things the way we don't want them to do.

Last Sunday morning, Nicole said she wanted us to go to Mass. So I got up, had breakfast, showered and dressed and then awakened her. She said she was tired and didn't want to go.

In the past, I would have let that bother me. Heck, I could have slept more myself.

This time, though, I just let her sleep and went to church by myself.

I felt great.

Thanks for that minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment