Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A new house, maybe the last one for me

Got a minute?

When I was in my 30s, I moved a lot. In fact, I lived at 11 different addresses in six different states between my 30th and 40th birthdays. Most of those were career moves -- I was single at the last 10 of those 11 addresses -- and I never had any idea when I might settle down.

If all goes well, my last home
I lived at three different addresses in my first two years in Southern California, but then I settled down at our beautiful home in La Canada for nearly 16 years.

In two months or so, if all goes well, Nicole and I will settle into the last place we will ever live -- our lovely new home in Georgia.

I have lived in brand-new houses three times before, twice in Ohio and once in Virginia, but my parents owned those houses. My mother has lived in the third of those homes for 48 years now.

There's something special about a new house, one no one else has ever occupied.

We intend to fill ours with love.

Thanks for that minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment