Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Exercise is such a crucial part of life

Got a minute?

There are very few things you can do for yourself that are more beneficial than finding a way to work some physical exercise into your daily routine.

Lost Maples State Park, Texas
I'm not talking about "workouts," although there's certainly a lot to be said for lifting weights, working on machines or running on a treadmill.

Sometimes it's as simple as going for a walk, especially if you put in enough time to get some decent distance.

I picked up the hiking habit during 11 weeks in Texas this spring and summer, and I had the chance to hike in some truly lovely state parks in the Hill Country west of San Antonio.

Since returning home, though, most of my hiking has been done on the sidewalks of Montrose, Glendale and Pasadena, but I have been completely faithful about it. I have been home 39 days and I have walked every single one of those days, usually five or six miles.

Yes, it has helped me lose weight, but far more important, I feel great and I am in touch with the physical side of myself. I've not only claimed final victory in a five-year battle with sleep apnea, my wife tells me I'm not snoring at all when I sleep.

Walk daily.

You'll never regret it.

Thanks for the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment