Sunday, August 29, 2010

Technology isn't always the answer to our prayers

Got a minute?

This doesn't happen to me often, but I'm feeling a little bit like a Luddite.

This spring, when I was in Texas, my Blackberry Storm went bad for the second time in a year. This time it wasn't under warranty, so I had to work some elaborate switch and I found myself with a similar type of phone known as an Android.

I know, I know. It's the hot new phone this year, but as much as I liked my Blackberry, I never could warm to the Android. For one thing, any time I put it in my pocket, it would open Websites or even worse, dial phone numbers.

It would lock itself and I couldn't answer calls.

When I disconnected from calls I made, it constantly called the people back.

I hated it.

Yes, it had been nice to watch video of baseball highlights and constantly be checking scores, but it wasn't worth the aggravation.

So I went into Verizon and told them to take it back and give me the most boring flip phone they could find. It's a lot like the phone I had five years ago.

I love it, even if it does have a camera.

Thanks for the  minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment